Rita Abdallah LISW-S, LCSW-C, ACSW inspires people to learn, laugh, and care for themselves and others.
Rita Abdallah is a nationally renowned speaker in the fields of cancer wellness and self-care.
She holds a Master’s degree in social work from the University of Connecticut School of Social Work and an undergraduate degree from John Carroll University.
After college Rita served as a full-time Jesuit Volunteer in Hartford, Connecticut. There, she gained her greatest education – working with the poor and underserved with an HIV/AIDS diagnosis. She patiently guided them through the emotional and practical demands faced by her clients. As the HIV/AIDS disease spread to the public arena, Rita's local and statewide advocacy efforts brought much-needed funding and recognition to this once-disenfranchised group.
One of Rita’s spiritual shifts occurred at this time, leading her to explore teachings outside of her traditional religious upbringing. She discovered energy work, attended classes and constantly read spiritual and self-help books.
Upon Rita’s return to Cleveland, she enjoyed several roles in academia: Community Service Coordinator, adjunct professor as well as director of a program that designed and delivered computer-based training to county departments of human services.
When Rita became a mother, she decided to change work settings and transitioned to a medical practice in a struggling low-income community. At this time, she wrestled with how to bring her love of spirituality into the workplace in more meaningful ways. When the opportunity to serve those with cancer posted on the job board, Rita knew that it was the perfect fit for her.
For nearly ten years, Rita served oncology patients and staff as a social worker in outpatient, community-based cancer treatment clinics. Here, she provided emotional and spiritual support, raised money, organized educational and social events and offered numerous classes on self-care, meditation and breath work.
The second of Rita’s spiritual shifts happened at this time, showing her a new way of connecting with Angels and loved ones who crossed into Spirit form. She left for a one-week private retreat to discover insights about her next steps in life. In the stillness, she had a vision of bright light and heard a voice say she was loved. Soon after this life-altering moment, she began to share intuitive messages with anyone who would listen to her.
Today, Rita is the Founder of Turning Point Services, Ltd., where she researches, writes, consults, and speaks on topics that support individuals, groups and cancer-care professionals. She joyfully delivers presentations to organizations that want to motivate staff and build human potential.
Rita is an authority on the topics of happiness, self-care, grief recovery, cancer wellness, cancer survivorship, work-life balance, and conquering the challenges of change. Her main message is to show individuals their greatness by listening to and using their inner voice.
Rita offers wellness coaching; clients seek her for very personal help and guidance. Her intuitive services such as Angel Readings, Spiritual Clearings and Spiritual Coaching have brought greater awareness and comfort to clients.
Rita is the author of “Nurturing Spirit through Complementary CancerCare” for the Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. She is also co-author of other clinical oncology articles. Rita has also published writings in Elephant Journal .
As co-founder of the non-profit, Destination Hope, Rita has been instrumental in promoting the art of positive living through humor, support and knowledge for individuals touched by cancer.
Rita has devoted her professional and personal life to helping others. During that time, she has earned these accolades:
- Excellence in cancer service: Journey of Hope, Charlotte Tletski Golden Dove Award
- Distinction in serving patients and loved ones: University Hospitals
- Service Excellence Award Recognition for high quality patient care: Community Health Partners ChamPion
- Exceptional commitment to social work profession: Ohio National Association of Social Workers, Region 3, Outstanding Service Award
- Distinguished contributions in academia: Cleveland State University, Women Who Make a Difference
- Exemplary dedication to the poor and underserved: Ohio House of Representatives, Outstanding Service as a Jesuit Volunteer
- Akron Summit Community Action, Inc.
- Avon Lake Public Library
- Bad Girl Fitness
- Cleveland State University
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Elyria Memorial Hospital Fitness Center
- Lebanese Syrian American Junior League
- Margeaus Free to Be Project
- Mona Lisa Eco Spa'lon
- Nord Center
- Ohio Chapter, National Association of Social Workers
- Rocky River Municipal Court
- Summa Health System
- Triage Cancer
- University of Akron School of Social Work
Certified Angel Card Reader
- Provides you with messages and guidance from the angels and divine guides
- Angel Card Reader (Doreen Virtue)
Certified Spirit Guide Coach
- Helps you connect to the divine guides and masters most available to you along with many other exciting insights
- Spirit Guide Coach (Deborah King)
Spiritual Clearings Facilitator
- Removes specific unwanted energies from individuals, animals, properties, businesses
- Spiritual Clearing: Level II (Diana Burney)