Rita’s workshops will inspire and move audiences.
View available workshops below or contact Rita to learn more about program offerings including custom presentations and seminars for your group.
NEW! Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and Cancer: Show me the Proof!
According to the National Cancer Institute, “Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is the term for medical products and practices that are not part of standard medical care. CAM for cancer care involves the patient’s mind, body, and spirit, and includes multidisciplinary approaches.”
- Discover the risks and benefits of 5 CAM therapies for those in active cancer treatment
- Explore the latest research to trust or bust these CAM therapies
- Determine if CAM is the right choice for you
- Get helpful tips on talking to your healthcare provider about CAM and hiring a CAM professional
- Learn how to create a comprehensive wellness plan
THE A-B-C'S OF J-O-Y
"Your Joy Tells the World I am ALIVE!”
A-B-Cs of J-O-Y is an inspiring and engaging conversation on the practice of joy in every day life. This interactive talk works well with groups with an interest in creating a lively discussion on the pursuit of personal happiness. You can customize the length of this program from one to three hours, depending on your schedule.
- A-B-C's of J-O-Y
- Individual definitions of Joy
- How Joy influences your personal and professional boundaries
- Random acts of joy for practice, sharing and enjoyment
Click on this link for review of this workshop in The Morning Journal!
Supervisors: Moving From Stressed to Strong
“Find Your Inner Elephant!”
Is your life as a clinical supervisor more hectic than stable? Clinical supervisors need focused time to bust out of stress and boost the inner self. At this interactive workshop, you'll create a Self-Care Map with a personal strategy for moving forward in your life. Avoid and climb out of the stress ditch and tap into the well of strength by discovering mindful practices such as breathwork, movement and guided imagery.
- Differentiate stress for supervisors vs. others
- Identify professional and personal barriers to effective supervision
- Offer short and long-term ways a supervisor can transition from stress to strength
- Create a customized Self-Care Map that includes strengths-based practices related to stress release, boundary reset and healthy living
Cancer Survivorship 101: Helping Survivors Embrace a New Normal
What is the official definition of cancer survivorship? As a healthcare provider, how do you engage, educate and empower cancer survivors in your clinical setting? How do you build a survivorship program at your clinic?
Survivorship programs promote healthy living in body, mind and spirit. This program, geared for cancer-care professionals, covers survivorship trends in the United States. It also provides details clinics must consider when building a survivorship program.
- Understand the official definition of survivorship
- Understand the American College of Surgeons
- Commission on Cancer requirement on survivorship
- Learn how to organize and staff survivorship programs
- Discover strategies for building and evaluating survivorship programs
Walking That Funny Line: Workplace Humor and Ethics
When was the last time you heard a funny joke at work? Was it really that funny? Most of the time, professionals are joking around at the expense of manic managers and quirky co-workers. At this interactive workshop, you will learn about your role as a supervisor, ethical responsibilities and the importance of workplace humor. Complete your very own Humor Profile to reset humor boundaries and identify areas for growth. As a group, case studies will be used to promote the use of healthy workplace humor.
- Explore workplace humor theories, functions, styles and trends
- Learn about the therapeutic benefits of workplace humor in regards to communication, relationships, mental wellness/resilience, conflict resolution and self-care
- Discuss appropriate and inappropriate uses of workplace humor, including respect for others, integrity, stress management and boundaries
- Complete a personalized “Humor Profile” that identifies participant behaviors, attitudes and competencies for ongoing professional growth
Wanna Hear a Good Joke? Humor and Supervision
Do you use humor as a power tool to boost team spirit and healing with clients? Humor can take an ordinary supervisory relationship to the next level. You will work on a Humor Blueprint to identify your humor style and strengthen humor boundaries in any clinical setting. Case studies will be used to enhance the use of healthy workplace humor in supervisory relationships.
- Explore research and therapeutic benefits of workplace humor
- Learn how humor both promotes productivity and crosses boundaries
- Explore and Discuss how workplace humor promotes QOL among team members, colleagues and clients
- Complete a personalized “Humor Blueprint” that identifies participant behaviors, attitudes and competencies for ongoing professional growth
New Year, New What?
January 1st is almost here… you are motivated by with the idea to do something different, to change or to grow.
The idea makes you dance from the inside out! You are pumped for the new, the fresh and the exciting. So what happens on January 2 - are you inspired or tired? Bring a journal and calendar!
- Understand New Year spirit
- Reflect on the past year
- Set a theme for the upcoming year
- Learn 5 tips to stay motivated and committed to your resolutions
Click on this link for review of this workshop on Cleveland.com!
Identify Burnout and Keep It From Destroying You
How do you know if you are burning out? And more importantly, how will you recover from burnout? Rita uses the story of a stressed out professional to illustrate the toxic waste of the Burnout Zone. She places special emphasis on defining a path that recycles this waste into smart solutions for better living.
Discover the seven signs that burnout is shifting your life into chaos using the BurnoutDetector©. Rita will reveal easy-to-use shortcuts for self-discovery and recovery!
- Learn why self-care and burnout are best friends
- Use the “Burnout Detector”© to identify your level and source(s) of burnout
- Connect with your “Burnout Self” and your “Balanced Self”
- Create and practice rituals to stay out of the burnout zone
Is It Time for a Tune-Up? Self-Care for Mental Health Professionals
Your mode of transportation drives your transformation. What does it take to keep your motor running smoothly? Like a car that requires proactive maintenance, mental health professionals need regular care. Self-care practices ensure that your “engine” does not overheat due to over exposure to work and life demands.
Assume the role of a “mental health mechanic” and check-in for service! Look “under the hood” for parts in need of charging, changing or replacing. Discover tips and tricks to refresh your inner self so that you can travel far and wide on the road to wellness.
- Define self-care and describe its evolution
- Identify barriers
- Describe 10 self-care “Tune-ups"
- Create “Maintenance Plan”
Strengthen Your Inner Voice
You need four skills to overcome trauma and drama, whether it’s yours or someone else’s. You can encourage and empower yourself and others to re-frame thoughts and revive hearts. Now is the time to identify and banish your self-limiting beliefs so you can step into your greatness.
- Learn how to recognize drama in your life and transform it into resilience
- Visualize creative choices to encourage your authentic voice to sing
- Implement fun and healthy ways of preventing your return to the “Drama Pit”©
- Replace control and reacting with flow and responding
The 5 T’s of Grief: Embracing Your New Voice
As a witness to grief in professional and personal settings, Rita has supported many individuals through the grief journey. At this workshop, she will show you how to create your “Grief Map”© to help you shift your life and your personal story.
Grief is a special opportunity to become a new and improved version of you. Rita will share stories and useful strategies to empower and help you heal in easy and effective ways.
- Learn the 5 T’s of grief to develop a healthy recovery and adjustment to loss
- Explore the short and long-term impacts of grief on yourself and others
- Record your “Grief Map” © and get more clear about your grief influences and process
- Incorporate new and meaningful tools to manage grief